Creamy Mushroom-Bacon Chicken Simmer
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn the chicken over. Cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup, milk and thyme; return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently over medium-low heat, spooning sauce over chicken occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Stir the lemon juice and parsley into sauce; spoon over the chicken
- Serve over rice, noodles or the potatoes of your choice and a side of green vegetables, such as steamed broccoli.
- You can also do this with bone-in chicken breasts or thighs, or bone-in pork chops. You will need to increase the milk to 1-1/2 cups and lengthen the simmering time by an extra 10 minutes to cook the meat through.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox