Creamy Tomato Black Bean Taco Soup
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry chili powder (for soup)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cumin powder
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Serve Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, for frying
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, cut into thin matchstick strips (substitute: store bought tortilla chips, broken)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 lime juice, squeezed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder (for Crema)
- In a large saucepan,heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion,cook,stirring occasionally,for approximately 2-3 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Add the chili powder,cumin,tomato and black beans. Stir mixture together to combine,and sauté for 2-3 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add the CAMPBELL'S® Creamy Tomato soup to the black bean mixture. Return mixture to high heat,and bring to a near boil. Reduce temperature to low,and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan,heat canola oil over high heat. Add taco strips in small batches into the hot oil,and fry for approximately 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from fryer and wipe off any excess oil using a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream,juice from 2 limes and chili powder. Combine together until it has a thin enough consistency to run as a drizzled sauce. Add a small amount of water,approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL),if needed to thin the mixture out.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls,garnish with a drizzle of chili lime Crema and crispy tortilla chips.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||17 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox