Creamy Tomato Black Bean Taco Soup
Global street food culture is all around us and some of the most delicious dishes come from the streets of Mexico! The fresh ingredients and simple way of cooking always seem to leave me impressed and wanting more.
- In a large saucepan,heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion,cook,stirring occasionally,for approximately 2-3 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Add the chili powder,cumin,tomato and black beans. Stir mixture together to combine,and sauté for 2-3 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add the CAMPBELL'S® Creamy Tomato soup to the black bean mixture. Return mixture to high heat,and bring to a near boil. Reduce temperature to low,and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan,heat canola oil over high heat. Add taco strips in small batches into the hot oil,and fry for approximately 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from fryer and wipe off any excess oil using a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream,juice from 2 limes and chili powder. Combine together until it has a thin enough consistency to run as a drizzled sauce. Add a small amount of water,approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL),if needed to thin the mixture out.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls,garnish with a drizzle of chili lime Crema and crispy tortilla chips.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are