Curried Black Rice Salad with Sweet Potato and Mint
Our Curried Black Rice Salad with Sweet Potato and Mint recipe is a refreshing take on lunch. With yogurt, dried currant and toasted almonds, you'll have texture and taste all in one!
- Place black rice and Campbell's broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined rimmed baking tray and drizzle with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the olive oil. Roast in oven, turning occasionally until golden and tender on the inside, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, red onion, curry paste, salt, lemon juice, yogurt and remaining olive oil. Stir in cooked rice. Toss with roasted sweet potatoes, currants, almonds and mint. Serve on a platter with extra mint if desired.
- Make ahead: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Instead of roasting the sweet potatoes, toss peeled, cubed sweet potatoes with oil and place into a grill basket. Cook over indirect until tender.
- Optional add ¼ cup (60mL) crumbled feta or goat cheese on top.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox