Deluxe Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Wow the meat-lovers at your next backyard BBQ with these delectable burgers. Not only are they covered in a velvety, cheesy topping, they have a hidden surprise inside-a molten cheesy centre! The convenient make-ahead tip means you can get all of the prep out of the way the day before and hit the grill running.
- Mix beef with 1 cup (250 mL) of the bread crumbs, eggs, onion salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, if using. Shape into 20 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick patties.
- Combine half of the soup, 3/4 cup (185 mL) of the cheese and remaining bread crumbs. Spoon onto centres of 10 patties. Top each with second patty, carefully pinching edges and any cracks together to seal. Cover loosely and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium heat. Grill, covered, 7 minutes per side until cooked through (170°F/77°C). Spoon remaining soup onto patties; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Close lid and grill 1 minute until cheese is melted. Serve burgers in buns with your favourite burger toppings.
- To make these burgers ahead, follow the first two steps as directed. Layer stuffed patties in airtight container between sheets of waxed paper and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Want to make these burgers off the grill? Arrange the raw patties on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350°F (180°C) oven 25 minutes until cooked through (170°F/77°C). Top with remaining soup and cheese and bake 2 minutes until melted.
- Toast buns by placing them, cut inside down, on grill grate for 1 minute as the burgers are cooking.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are