Dumpling Fried Rice
Make use of your pantry staples with this simple Dumpling Fried Rice! Cooking the rice in broth leads to a deep flavour base, accented by sesame oil and hoisin sauce. This yummy and flavourful dish is very easy and fast to cook – it only needs about 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of cooking time. The hoisin sauce and sesame oil brings out the flavours, making for a delicious fried rice recipe.
- In a large pan or pot, bring Campbells Chicken broth and rice to boil over high heat (the large surface area helps the rice cook faster). Cover and reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook until the broth has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium high heat and pan-fry chopped dumplings until filling is cooked through and golden-brown, fry for about 10 minutes. Add cooked rice to pan with white parts of green onion and hoisin sauce, stirring just to combine. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onion before serving.
- Add in thawed soybeans or peas and fresh chopped cilantro for extra nutrition, colour and flavour. If you have the ingredients, adding other veggies such as carrots, broccoli, bean-sprouts, bok-choy, and even bamboo shoots will also give the dish nutrition, colour and flavour. Other add-ons such as tofu and shiitake mushroom can also be added to the dish to add more texture to the recipe.
- Making rice in broth adds incredible flavour to this simple dish. Make extra and keep covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days to have on hand to use in recipes like this.
- This fried rice recipe will work even if you use beef, pork dumpling, wonton, or any kind of dim-sum! You can even toss in some shrimp to make the dish extra yummy. And if youd like the dish to have more kick, you can add chili sauce or chili oil.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox