Easy Bruschetta Chicken Linguine
Products you'll need:
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 6 (about 1½ lb/681 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove large clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb (454 g) linguine
- Heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add soup, water, half of the lemon juice and the soy sauce; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together tomatoes, garlic, basil and remaining lemon juice. Add half of the tomato mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in unsalted water according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add soup mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with remaining tomato mixture.
- Grape tomatoes are nice year-round, but when tomatoes are in season, use any fresh tomato variety totaling 3 cups (750 mL) chopped.
- Leafy greens make a lovely addition to this pasta. Throw a handful of two of fresh baby spinach or arugula into the pasta water right before draining to wilt it slightly.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if you like.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox