Easy Leftover Turkey Paella
Have leftover turkey? Try out our colourful, fragrant, and simple take on a traditional paella - instead of seafood, this recipe uses your holiday leftovers and is brightened with peppers and peas.
Easy Leftover Turkey Paella Ingredients
How to Make Easy Leftover Turkey Paella
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth and saffron and simmer over medium heat.
- In a separate large paella pan, or large sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat, once hot fry the chorizo slices 2 minutes per side. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 more tbsp of oil, then add the onions, sauté for 3 minutes, then add the paprika, rosemary and salt and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, peppers, and garlic to the pan, reduce to medium-low heat and sauté for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes the mixture should be jammy, push your tomato mixture to the side of the pan. Raise the heat to medium-high, if needed add a bit more oil. Put in the rice and toast it for 5 minutes, gradually mixing the rice in with the tomatoes.
- Add in warmed broth and lemon zest, stir well to combine with rice. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer on low, do not stir anymore. After 10 minutes nestle the turkey, chorizo and peas into the rice, continue to simmer for another 10 minutes until broth is absorbed and rice starts to crackle. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with reserved lemon juice and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
- You can easily substitute any leftover, cooked meat or vegetables you have on hand, just add in or substitute when you add the cooked turkey.
- Substitute Arborio rice for brown rice, white rice, basmati rice or wild rice.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox