Easy Low-Sodium Butter Chicken
Products you'll need:
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each minced garlic and fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sweet or hot paprika
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) each tomato paste and lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lb/680 g), cubed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking basmati rice (10-minute variety)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic, ginger, garam masala and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in soup, water, tomato paste, lemon juice and soy sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken; cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions without salt or butter; add spinach to pot during standing time to wilt. Fluff with fork, stirring in spinach. Serve with butter chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and diced cucumber, if desired.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the chicken and the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox