Easy Low-Sodium Butter Chicken
Love butter chicken but don't like the idea of eating all that cream? This easy and tasty version swaps out the heavy whipping cream with CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup, which adds loads of flavour.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic, ginger, garam masala and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in soup, water, tomato paste, lemon juice and soy sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken; cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions without salt or butter; add spinach to pot during standing time to wilt. Fluff with fork, stirring in spinach. Serve with butter chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and diced cucumber, if desired.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the chicken and the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are