Easy Low-Sodium Butter Chicken
Love butter chicken but don't like the idea of eating all that cream? This easy and tasty version swaps out the heavy whipping cream with CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup, which adds loads of flavour.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic, ginger, garam masala and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in soup, water, tomato paste, lemon juice and soy sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken; cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions without salt or butter; add spinach to pot during standing time to wilt. Fluff with fork, stirring in spinach. Serve with butter chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and diced cucumber, if desired.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the chicken and the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox