Easy Low-Sodium Butter Chicken
Products you'll need:
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each minced garlic and fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sweet or hot paprika
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) each tomato paste and lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1 ½ lb/680 g), cubed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking basmati rice (10-minute variety)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic, ginger, garam masala and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in soup, water, tomato paste, lemon juice and soy sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken; cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions without salt or butter; add spinach to pot during standing time to wilt. Fluff with fork, stirring in spinach. Serve with butter chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and diced cucumber, if desired.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the chicken and the sauce with salt to taste, if you like.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox