Fiesta BBQ Chicken & Rice Bowls
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 4 minutes until chicken is light golden. Transfer to plate.
- Stir in soup, water and barbecue sauce. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in beans and rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen mixed vegetables and chicken; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve in bowls garnished with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions.
- Maximize your prep time by shredding and dicing your garnishes while your rice mixture is simmering!
- Think of our garnishes as inspiration. Add shredded cheese, bacon bits, swap the green onion for cilantro or another fresh herb, throw on some PACE® Salsa, or add on any fresh salad ingredients you have on hand!
Did you make this?
Fresh and healthy
We loved this. It's got great flavour and it's a great way to get some fresh veg and beans. I added extra veggies.
Tanya G. | July 12, 2017
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
Great flavour, not really tasting the BBQ but an overall easy, creamy chicken and rice dish. Love that there's a lot of fibre with the beans.
Karen L. | July 31, 2017
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are