Fresh Apricot, Jalapeno, Mint Quinoa Salad
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 2 cups (500 mL) quinoa
- 4 cups (1 L) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb (454 g) ripe fresh apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Italian fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- Lemon juice, 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 cups quinoa and 4 cups of Campbell’s broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer,cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl,combine minced shallot,green onions (white and light green parts only),parsley,and mint. Carefully remove the seeds from the jalapeño,mince,and add to veggies in the bowl. Slice the apricots in crescents around the pit with a paring knife over the bowl (6-8 wedges per fruit). Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit before stirring to prevent browning. Add olive oil,salt,and pepper.
- Mix in prepared quinoa lightly to coat and distribute. Serve at room temperature.
- Notes: Pairs well with seared scallops or grilled chicken
- Apricots can be substituted with other accessible,fresh stone fruit like peaches,nectarines,or plums. Out of season,dried apricots can be used when rehydrated: place dried fruit in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes until plump then strain and use as you would fresh fruit.
- Chiffonade is a technique used for cutting herbs and leafy vegetables into thin ribbon strips. To chiffonade mint,for instance,stack leaves and roll them into a tube and carefully cut perpendicular to produce fine strips.
- Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with pearl barley,or pasta such as pearl couscous or orzo.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox