Golden Sweet Potato Bake
Products you'll need:
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each onion salt and black pepper
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 (2 cm) cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded old Cheddar cheese
- In large bowl, combine soup, flour, milk, mustard, thyme, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper until smooth. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Scrape into greased 3 qt (2.85 L) casserole.
- Cover with greased foil. Bake in 450°F (230°C) for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and potatoes are fork-tender. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
To make this dish ahead, follow first step as directed. Cover with greased foil and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Bake as directed adding 5 minutes to initial baking time.
Old Cheddar has the perfect amount of cheese flavour to offset the sweetness of the potatoes. Gruyere and Asiago would also work well.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
- Two servings of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox