Hearty Beef Onion Soup
- Cook onions until browning begins,in 1 tbsp (15 mL) heated oil,in large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Brown beef in remaining oil in same saucepan,at medium-high heat,stirring often. Return onions to saucepan.
- Stir in broth,Worcestershire sauce and rosemary. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes,stirring occasionally. Ladle into 4 soup bowls and sprinkle with croutons and cheese.
- To make your own croutons,cut a couple of slices of day-old bread into ½” (1 cm) cubes. Toast them to a light golden brown on a baking tray in a 375°F (190°C) oven,turning them occasionally to toast all sides.
- When soup or stew recipes call for browning vegetables or meat before simmering in broth,Dutch ovens are a good choice of cookware. These large,heavy-bottomed pots allow good heat distribution and the tight-fitting lids prevent too much steam from escaping.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox