Hearty Italian Meatball Soup
- Combine beef,onion,bread crumbs,1/4 cup (60 mL) parsley,basil,garlic and egg in bowl. Knead mixture until well blended. Form into tiny meatballs – 1/2" (1 cm) in diameter.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high. Cook meatballs until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Heat broth to a boil in large saucepan. Add meatballs and carrots. Reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 20 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in orzo,remaining parsley and black pepper. Cover and simmer until meatballs are fully cooked – about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
* If using rice,simmer for a further 5 to 10 minutes until it is tender,in Step 4.
Meatballs may be fully cooked and kept refrigerated for up to a day in advance – or for up to a month in the freezer; either way saves time for when you want a wholesome soup on the table quickly.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
My version of Hearty Italian Meatball Soup
This is a simple to make soup and is good just the way it it written. I wanted more body to this soup so I added 2 cups fresh green beans, sliced, 1 cup diced onions, an extra 1/4 cup Orzo, 1-1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce and 2-1/2 cups of water. I re-adjusted the seasoning and the recipe turned out very well. Tony S.
Tony S. | June 8, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox