Herb Roasted Pork Loin with Apricot Roasted Garlic
Try this showstopper at your next dinner party. Wrapping the seared pork with the pancetta allows the herbs and lemon to really infuse in the pork and keeps it moist. The apricot jam adds a hint of sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) In small bowl, stir together rosemary, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large dry skillet, sear pork loin over medium high heat until golden all over, set aside to cool slightly. Reserve pork fat in pan for sauce.
- On board arrange pancetta in a single layer, overlapping pieces slightly to the length of the roast; sprinkle herb mixture over top. Put pork roast in the middle, bringing up side of pancetta to cover as much of roast a possible, pressing to secure to roast.
- Arrange, pancetta seam side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and tent with foil for 15 min while making sauce.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, cook onions in remaining fat from pork roast. Cook until golden. Whisk in broth and apricot jam and cook until reduced slightly. Slice pork and serve with warm sauce.
- Pancetta can be substituted with prosciutto.
- These can also be made individually with chicken breasts. Wrap 2 overlapping pieces of pancetta with herb mixture around each chicken breast and cook in oven for 30 min.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox