Hunter Style Chicken & Barley Risotto
- Cook bacon in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat until very crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add chicken and cook and stir until browned – about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer at low heat until barley is tender,stirring occasionally – about 35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Vegetable Barley Risotto is an easy side dish version of this recipe. Omit the chicken and add extra vegetables in season. In the summertime,add some fresh corn or peas during the last 10 minutes of simmering. In the winter,stir in a new flavour by adding diced squash,carrots or parsnip when you add the broth.
- Pot barley retains its fibrous bran layer (unlike pearl barley which has had the bran polished off),adding to its nutrient content and its slight nutty flavour. Canada is a major barley producer for the world.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox