Lemon-Thyme Roast Turkey Breast with Smashed Potatoes
This turkey breast feast with crispy smashed potatoes and rich gravy is perfect for a smaller holiday crowd
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F). Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water for about 12 minutes or just until cooked through; drain.
- Meanwhile, stir together butter, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; toss 1 tbsp (15 mL) with potatoes. Transfer to small roasting pan or baking dish. Using meat mallet, small bowl or mug, press potatoes until flattened to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness; spread to edges of pan. Rub remaining flavoured butter all over turkey breast and transfer to centre of roasting pan, skin side up, over potatoes.
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F (74°C). Transfer potatoes to serving dish and keep warm. Transfer turkey to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place roasting pan on stovetop over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) water and lemon juice, scraping up brown bits in bottom of pan. Stir in gravy; cook for 1 minute. Slice turkey and serve with potatoes and gravy.
- Substitute rosemary for thyme.
- Add a little lemon zest to gravy for a little extra tang
- Not sure what to do with leftovers? Heat leftover turkey and gravy together transform into hot turkey sandwiches served on Texas-style toast.
Recipe Made With
Franco American® Turkey Gravy
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox