Lemon-Thyme Roast Turkey Breast with Smashed Potatoes
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) mini potatos
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) room temperature butter
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) black pepper
- 1 each turkey breast, with skin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 can Franco American® Turkey Gravy
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F). Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water for about 12 minutes or just until cooked through; drain.
- Meanwhile, stir together butter, thyme, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper; toss 1 tbsp (15 mL) with potatoes. Transfer to small roasting pan or baking dish. Using meat mallet, small bowl or mug, press potatoes until flattened to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness; spread to edges of pan. Rub remaining flavoured butter all over turkey breast and transfer to centre of roasting pan, skin side up, over potatoes.
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F (74°C). Transfer potatoes to serving dish and keep warm. Transfer turkey to cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place roasting pan on stovetop over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) water and lemon juice, scraping up brown bits in bottom of pan. Stir in gravy; cook for 1 minute. Slice turkey and serve with potatoes and gravy.
- Substitute rosemary for thyme.
- Add a little lemon zest to gravy for a little extra tang
- Not sure what to do with leftovers? Heat leftover turkey and gravy together transform into hot turkey sandwiches served on Texas-style toast.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox