- Brown chicken well,in heated oil,in large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven,at medium-high heat.
- Stir in broth,soup,garlic,curry powder,apples,onion and chick peas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes,stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and serve.
- If someone mentions apples,a favourite type may come to mind. Canadian orchards grow a wealth of new and heirloom varieties - fun to taste and compare! We have used McIntosh,Empire and Red Prince in this recipe and we liked them all.
- When soup or stew recipes call for browning vegetables or meat before simmering in broth,Dutch ovens are a good choice of cookware. These large,heavy-bottomed pots allow good heat distribution and the tight-fitting lids prevent too much steam from escaping.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox