Monterey Chicken Fajitas
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Rich and creamy celery flavour
•Made with fresh celery, cream and spices for a delicious flavour
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1.6 lb (726 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Tex-Mex seasoning blend
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) PACE® Chunky Medium Salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn, whole kernel
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch/15 cm)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add green pepper, red pepper, onion and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Cook,stirring often,for 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through. Add soup and 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa; bring to a simmer. Stir in corn. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese and additional salsa. Fold tortilla around filling. Serve with lime wedges.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce for those who like it spicy.
- For some added zest,squeeze the lime wedge over the fajita filling before folding the tortilla.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox