Moroccan Lentil Stew
This recipe uses vegetable broth as a base and combines lentils and chickpeas for a hearty dish! It takes 10 minutes to prep, and only 50 minutes to cook.
Moroccan Lentil Stew Ingredients
How to Make Moroccan Lentil Stew
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and sauté the chopped onion and celery with the sliced carrots, until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add one teaspoon ground turmeric, cumin, harissa or chilli flakes and salt.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, broth and lentils, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in parsley, cilantro and lemon juice. Serve with extra harissa.
- If desired, substitute green lentils with red lentils.
- For additional veggies include diced sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
- For additional spices, add 2 minced garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and red pepper flakes.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
This product can be substituted with
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox