Moroccan Lentil Stew
This recipe uses vegetable broth as a base and combines lentils and chickpeas for a hearty dish! It takes 10 minutes to prep, and only 50 minutes to cook.
Moroccan Lentil Stew Ingredients
How to Make Moroccan Lentil Stew
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and sauté the chopped onion and celery with the sliced carrots, until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add one teaspoon ground turmeric, cumin, harissa or chilli flakes and salt.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, broth and lentils, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in parsley, cilantro and lemon juice. Serve with extra harissa.
- If desired, substitute green lentils with red lentils.
- For additional veggies include diced sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
- For additional spices, add 2 minced garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and red pepper flakes.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
This Product Can Be Substituted With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are