Mushroom Wonton Soup
You won’t miss the meat in this vegetable-based recipe, featuring chewy wontons filled with mushrooms in a rich broth.
- In a wok or skillet, add vegetable oil and sauté garlic & ginger for a few minutes until smallest bits start to turn golden. Add cabbage, carrots and half the soy sauce and cook until the cabbage is soft, adding a splash of water if needed.
- Once the cabbage is softened, add the dried shiitake mushrooms, remaining soy sauce, sugar, white pepper and sesame oil and keep tossing for another 2 minutes, adding water as needed. Add green onions and toss to mix. Turn off the heat and taste and adjust seasoning.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, then drizzle on top of the vegetables. Turn the heat back on and toss for another minute until the mixture starts to hold together, and there is no more starchy taste. If it feels dry, keep adding a splash of water. Let filling cool until its warm to the touch before wrapping.
- Begin wrapping wontons by spooning out vegetable mix onto wonton wrapper, and put a drop of water on corners of wrapper. Grab the corners and bring the edges together in the middle, and press out air.
- Bring the CAMPBELLS® Ready to Use Mushroom Broth to a boil, then add soy sauce, fresh shiitake mushrooms, napa cabbage, and baby bok choy. Bring the broth back to a boil.
- Blanch the wontons for 2 minutes in rapidly unsalted simmering water (not boiling) then place in serving bowl. If the wontons have been refrigerated they might take a little longer to heat through. Ladle the broth over the wontons. Top with fried garlic and garlic oil, garnish with green onions. Serve immediately!
- Can substitute white pepper with black pepper.
- Keep wonton wrappers under a damp towel until youre using them as they dry and become brittle quickly.
- Make sure to seal the wontons well and that there is absolutely NO hole in the wontons or water will get inside and ruin your filling. Also squeeze out as much air as you can before sealing it to prevent the wontons from rupturing when theyre boiled.
- Make wontons ahead of time and freeze or buy premade wontons to save time.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox