One Pan Shepherd’s Pie
Your whole family will love this weeknight-speedy update on a classic shepherd’s pie. Broth infuses both the filling and the cheesy potato topping with loads of flavour. Leaving the skins on the potatoes helps save prep time and adds more flavour!
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with 2/3 cup (165 mL) of the broth, green parts of onions and salt. Keep warm.
- While the potatoes boil, cook chicken in ovenproof skillet over high heat, breaking up with spoon until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add butter, mushrooms, light parts of onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce and poultry seasoning to pan; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle in flour; cook 1 min.
- Gradually stir remaining broth into pan; stir in peas and carrots. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon potatoes over chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Try this dish with lean ground turkey or pork instead!
- For a twist, swap in smoked Cheddar cheese for regular.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
This Product Can Be Substituted With
Campbell’s® Concentrated Chicken Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox