One Pan Shepherd’s Pie
Products you'll need:
- 2 lb (908 g) scrubbed Yukon gold potato, cut 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 3 green onion finely chopped (light and dark green parts divided)
- 1/2 tbsp (8 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g) lean ground chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with 2/3 cup (165 mL) of the broth, green parts of onions and salt. Keep warm.
- While the potatoes boil, cook chicken in ovenproof skillet over high heat, breaking up with spoon until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add butter, mushrooms, light parts of onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce and poultry seasoning to pan; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle in flour; cook 1 min.
- Gradually stir remaining broth into pan; stir in peas and carrots. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon potatoes over chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Try this dish with lean ground turkey or pork instead!
- For a twist, swap in smoked Cheddar cheese for regular.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox