One Pan Taco Skillet
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break up meat in pan; add red and green peppers. Cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through; drain off fat.
- Add soup, water, chili powder and onion powder; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and corn; cover. Simmer on low heat 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- Top with any favourite taco toppings, such as PACE® Salsa, shredded lettuce, green onions, fresh cilantro, diced avocado and sour cream
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand.
- Vegetarian option: Omit beef. Saute the peppers in 2 tsp (10 mL) oil for 3 minutes. Add 1 can (540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed, to the pan with the soup and other ingredients. Proceed as directed.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
This was great!
I made this for supper tonight and it was great. Instead of the chili powder and onion powder I used Taco seasoning and fresh minced garlic. I also used Montery Jack and Mozzarella cheese. I searched with taco chips and sour cream. What a great meal. I am going to try it with chicken the next time.
Mary F. | April 1, 2018
So Easy, So Yummy!
Super quick, super easy weeknight meal. Plus you can cook the whole thing in one skillet which is a huge bonus. I chopped up some lettuce, green onion, avocado, and added some salsa to add to these delicious taco bowls. Will definitely be making this again.
Tricia C. | September 10, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox