One Pan Taco Skillet
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 3/4 cups (435 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dry instant white rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break up meat in pan; add red and green peppers. Cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat is cooked through; drain off fat.
- Add soup, water, chili powder and onion powder; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and corn; cover. Simmer on low heat 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- Top with any favourite taco toppings, such as PACE® Salsa, shredded lettuce, green onions, fresh cilantro, diced avocado and sour cream
- Vary the veggies any way you like! You can swap the peppers with whatever you have on hand.
- Vegetarian option: Omit beef. Saute the peppers in 2 tsp (10 mL) oil for 3 minutes. Add 1 can (540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed, to the pan with the soup and other ingredients. Proceed as directed.
Ratings & Reviews
This was great!
I made this for supper tonight and it was great. Instead of the chili powder and onion powder I used Taco seasoning and fresh minced garlic. I also used Montery Jack and Mozzarella cheese. I searched with taco chips and sour cream. What a great meal. I am going to try it with chicken the next time.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox