Easy Basil Chicken Pasta
This restaurant-inspired pasta is so easy, making it feels like you’re cheating! The pasta and chicken cook right in the sauce, making for a luxuriously quick and simple weeknight-worthy dinner.
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soup, water, milk and half of the cherry tomatoes; heat to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Reduce the heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
- Cover the mixture with the spinach. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and the pasta has reached the desired tenderness. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, basil and remaining tomatoes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- You can replace the spinach with baby kale, arugula or 2 cups frozen peas; or add 2 cups of small broccoli florets, sliced zucchini, drained quartered artichoke hearts, or 2 cups chopped roasted red peppers in the last two minutes of simmering in step 2.
- When cooking pasta in the sauce, if you find the sauce thickening quickly and the pasta is still firm, just add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen up the sauce and keep cooking until the desired tenderness is reached. If you find the sauce too runny when the pasta is almost done, just turn up the heat to reduce it down more quickly.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox