Pan Poached Tilapia with White Wine Sauce
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) fresh or thawed tilapia fillets, in serving size pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole milk (3.25%)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon slice,
- Heat margarine in medium non-stick skillet at medium. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes,stirring often. Add fish then wine and cook for 2 minutes. Turn fish over gently. Add broth and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Poach fish at a simmer until it is opaque and flakes when tested with a fork – about 6 minutes,depending on thickness. Remove fish to serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Boil poaching liquid to reduce volume – about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer. Combine milk with cornstarch and gradually add to liquid in skillet,stirring constantly; let thicken into a creamy sauce – about 3 minutes,stirring often. Stir in parsley and pepper. Serve immediately over fish,with lemon wedges.
When poaching fish,use even,gentle heat. The cooking liquid should bubble slowly and intermittently (simmer,rather than boil) so that the fish remains tender and does not become tough as it cooks. The thicker the fish,the longer the cook time required.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox