Pesto Chicken Risotto
Our Pesto Chicken Risotto recipe makes a dinnertime favourite. With fresh vegetables and irresistible pesto flavour, this tasty dish will be a hit!
- Heat water to a boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Cover and set aside.
- Heat half of oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high. Cook chicken until well browned on all sides – about 7 minutes. Add remaining oil,zucchini and pepper strips and cook for 3 minutes,stirring often. Reduce heat. Remove mixture from pan and keep warm.
- Combine soup and rice mixture in skillet. Simmer,covered,until rice is tender yet firm to the bite in centre – 12 to 15 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pesto. Return chicken and vegetable mixture to skillet,stir and heat through. Stir in lemon juice and serve immediately.
- Risotto’s characteristic creaminess yet slightly chewy rice texture comes through in this easy,carefree twist on the classic recipe which calls for constant stirring during cooking. Serve at its creamy best as soon as it is ready.
- When sweet peppers are in season,there is often a colourful array available! Choose red,green,orange or yellow peppers to cut into strips – or use a mixture of colours – and add your own twist to this dish.
Did you make this?
Rating by Julie
This rating was left without a review.
Julie B. | June 28, 2015
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are