Pineapple Plum Chicken Meatballs
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) extra lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plum sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked brown rice, cooked without salt
- Combine chicken,egg and bread crumbs in medium bowl. Form into 1¼” (3 cm) balls – about 18 to 20.
- Brown chicken meatballs in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat,turning often.
- Combine soup,pineapple,plum sauce,ginger and pepper. Add to skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- Pineapple Plum Turkey Meatballs: Choose extra lean ground turkey to replace the chicken in this mouth-watering recipe.
Cayenne pepper gives an extra flavour kick to the sauce – replace the ground black pepper with the same amount of cayenne.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox