Pineapple Plum Chicken Meatballs
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) extra lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plum sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked brown rice, cooked without salt
- Combine chicken,egg and bread crumbs in medium bowl. Form into 1¼” (3 cm) balls – about 18 to 20.
- Brown chicken meatballs in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat,turning often.
- Combine soup,pineapple,plum sauce,ginger and pepper. Add to skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- Pineapple Plum Turkey Meatballs: Choose extra lean ground turkey to replace the chicken in this mouth-watering recipe.
Cayenne pepper gives an extra flavour kick to the sauce – replace the ground black pepper with the same amount of cayenne.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox