Poached Chicken with Pandan and Ginger
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 scallions
- 1 stalk pandan leaves
- 1 ginger root, sliced
- 1 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1 chicken leg
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- Trim the the long stem of lemongrass, keep the thick portion with the purple ring inside the stem. Tie scallions and pandan leaves into knots. Add lemongrass, scallions, pandan leaves, ginger, shallots, garlic, and CAMPBELLS® Chicken Broth into a large pot. Boil at medium heat.
- Add chicken legs into the boiling broth, and once it boils again, turn to low heat and simmer with lid on for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the legs are cooked. To test if they are cooked, poke a skewer or a knife to the thickest part of the thigh and see if the juice runs clear. If it is still pink, simmer for 5 more minutes and test again. Remove chicken legs from broth and reserve aside to cool.
- Cook the rice by adding 1 cup of poaching broth and rice into a rice cooker. Meanwhile, prepare sweet soy sauce by boiling soy sauce and sugar together until it slightly thickens, about 1 minute. When rice is ready, serve with chicken and sweet soy sauce.
- Breaking aromatic ingredients structure, such as bending pandan leaves or crushing lemongrass stalks, brings out more of their aroma.
- Galangal can be substituted for ginger.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox