Pork Chops with Creamy Cabbage
In this easy weeknight dish, pork chops are smothered in condensed cream of bacon soup and cabbage. Serve with mashed potatoes to soak up all of the sauce!
Pork Chops and Bacon Creamy Cabbage Ingredients
How to Cook Pork Chops and Creamy Cabbage with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large Dutch oven or ovenproof deep skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and the fat has been rendered out. Transfer bacon to towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Season pork chops with salt and ground black pepper; brown in same pan over medium high heat, on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to same pan; cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add cabbage, cut side down, and cook until light golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add cream of bacon soup and milk and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, until thickened, about 4 minutes. Nestle pork chops in sauce. Transfer pan to oven. Bake until pork is cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- This recipe can be served with a side of baked potatoes instead of mashed. If so, put the potatoes in the oven while the pork chops are cooking on the stove.
- Not a bacon fan? Substitute cream of bacon soup with cream of mushroom soup!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox