Potato and Mushroom Bake with Migneron De Charlevoix Cheese
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and real cream make it delicious
•Low in fat
•Rich in Vitamin D
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz/227 g) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole milk
- 6 cups (1.5 L) peeled, sliced yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 tsp (2 mL) grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 4 oz (113 g) Migneron De Charlevoix cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hazelnuts
- Brush shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish with small amount of butter. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Heat remaining butter in large skillet at medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine soup and milk in saucepan and heat to just below boil and until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in baking dish. Season with chives, nutmeg and pepper. Add sautéed mushrooms and pour hot soup mixture over top.
- Bake covered at 350°F (160°C) until potatoes are tender about 1 hour. Remove cover, add cheese slices and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake until top is golden about 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Different traditional Quebec cheeses will give this dish unique flavour variations try substituting one of the following: Sieur Corbeau from Laurentians, Le Pied de Vent from The Magdalen Islands or Victor et Berthold (Lanaudière)
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox