Potato and Mushroom Bake with Migneron De Charlevoix Cheese
- Brush shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish with small amount of butter. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Heat remaining butter in large skillet at medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine soup and milk in saucepan and heat to just below boil and until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in baking dish. Season with chives, nutmeg and pepper. Add sautéed mushrooms and pour hot soup mixture over top.
- Bake covered at 350°F (160°C) until potatoes are tender about 1 hour. Remove cover, add cheese slices and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake until top is golden about 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Different traditional Quebec cheeses will give this dish unique flavour variations try substituting one of the following: Sieur Corbeau from Laurentians, Le Pied de Vent from The Magdalen Islands or Victor et Berthold (Lanaudière)
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox