Instant Pot ® Homestyle Beef Stew
An electric pressure cooker makes quick work of a classic, delicious beef stew – the meat becomes fall apart tender in no time.
- Add oil to electric pressure cooker and press Saute button. When fat is hot, brown beef in batches; remove to plate.
- Whisk flour with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the water. Add remaining water and broth to cooker, scraping up any brown bits; stir in flour mixture. Return meat and any accumulated juices to cooker. Stir in potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Close and lock lid; turn vent to Seal position. Cancel sauté function; press Meat/Stew button, and set cook time to 35 minutes.
- Let cool to release pressure (or quick release) and open as directed.
- Stir in peas; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until hot.
- To save time, brown your beef in a large skillet you can fit more in than in the electric pressure cooker.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping into the sauce.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox