Queso Chicken Skillet
If you love nachos with cheesy, savoury queso dip, you will definitely want to try this quick and easy chicken and rice skillet, loaded with all that deliciously creamy flavour. It only takes one pan and 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 4 minutes; add garlic and cook, stirring often for 1 minute until chicken is golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water, salsa and chili powder. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in peppers and chicken; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through, peppers are tender-crisp and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- This easy skillet is a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand. If you like, substitute 2 cups (500 mL) of any chopped or sliced raw vegetables you like for the peppers, such as broccoli florets, zucchini, carrots, green beans or asparagus.
- Dont like cilantro? Swap it for sliced green onions, instead!
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox