Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Classic chicken cacciatore gets a quick makeover in this weeknight easy skillet dish. Speedy boneless chicken, a zesty sauce and veggies are even better with a sprinkling of cheese!
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper, if using. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper, if using, to pan; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Stir in soup and water. Return chicken to pan and stir into sauce.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp; remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook fusilli according to package directions. Serve cacciatore with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
- Dont have fusilli on hand? You can substitute any of your favourite noodle shape in its place, or serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- This is a great skillet to use whatever vegetables you have kicking around in your fridge. Replace the mushrooms and peppers with carrots, cut-up green beans, broccoli florets or any combination of your favourite vegetables.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox