Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Classic chicken cacciatore gets a quick makeover in this weeknight easy skillet dish. Speedy boneless chicken, a zesty sauce and veggies are even better with a sprinkling of cheese!
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper, if using. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper, if using, to pan; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Stir in soup and water. Return chicken to pan and stir into sauce.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp; remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook fusilli according to package directions. Serve cacciatore with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
- Dont have fusilli on hand? You can substitute any of your favourite noodle shape in its place, or serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- This is a great skillet to use whatever vegetables you have kicking around in your fridge. Replace the mushrooms and peppers with carrots, cut-up green beans, broccoli florets or any combination of your favourite vegetables.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are