Ratatouille-Topped Creamy Rice
An array of quickly sautéed late summer veggies sit atop this quick and creamy, risotto-like rice dish. This ratatouille-topped creamy rice makes a wonderful vegetarian main course, or a dish to accompany a piece of grilled chicken or salmon.
- Bring the soup, water, rice and ¼ tsp of the salt to boil in a saucepan, stirring often; reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered until liquid is absorbed, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers, zucchini and remaining ¼ tsp salt to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic and thyme; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Transfer rice mixture to serving platter or divide into 4 bowls. Top with veggies; sprinkle with feta.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Substitute the feta with Parmesan cheese, if desired. You can also stir 1/3 cup shredded cheddar into the rice mixture just before serving for a cheesy rice.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox