Rich Burgundy Beef Mushroom Stew
- Heat half of oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high. Cook half of beef until browned on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker. Repeat for second batch. Reduce skillet heat to medium and cook onion until golden.
- Add onion and cook and stir until golden.
- Add wine to skillet and stir to loosen beef particles from bottom of pan. Pour mixture over beef in slow cooker. Add carrots,soup,water,Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Cook,covered,until beef is tender - on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle parsley and lemon zest over stew. Serve with noodles.
- Deglazing the skillet with wine releases caramelized beef particles which might otherwise get left behind. All the rich flavour is transferred to the slow cooker,enhancing the saucy beef and vegetables as they simmer and become tender.
- If whole baby carrots are not readily at hand,substitute 3/4” (2 cm) chunks of peeled or well-scrubbed regular carrots.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Mushroom and Garlic Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox