Roasted Mushroom Chowder
Our Roasted Mushroom Chowder recipe makes an earthy bowl of comfort. With a variety of mushrooms and vegetables in a creamy base, you'll have a cozy dish that's perfect for Sunday dinner!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil and half of the salt and pepper. Spread out on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden, about 12 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in leeks, carrots, celery, remaining salt and pepper, garlic, bay leaves and thyme. Cook until the vegetables are tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sherry (optional), scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. When the liquid is almost absorbed, pour in broth, roasted mushrooms and potatoes. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer for 15 minutes. Remove fresh bay leaves. Stir in cream.
- Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) of the soup to a blender and process until smooth. Stir back into soup and this will thicken the soup. Serve in warmed bowls and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox