Roasted Spring Carrots over Herbed Kamut® with Horseradish Yogurt Sauce
Products you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Kamut® (khorasan Wheat)
- 4 1/2 cups (1.13 L) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 20 small spring carrots, stems reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots greens, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) watercress
- 1 cup (250 mL) flat leaf fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chives, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chervil, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Horseradish Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) full fat plain yogurt
- Lemon juice, 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mint, minced
- Dash of salt
- Bring Campbell’s broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add kamut® grains. Cover,reduce heat to low,and simmer for 45-60 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Rinse the carrots and remove stems,place on a tray or bowl. Coat with olive oil and salt. Roast on the grill or under the broiler until blackened and barely soft through the centre (10-20 minutes,depending). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl,stir together yogurt and lemon juice. Grate garlic and peeled horseradish root on a microplane grater over the yogurt. Add mint and a dash of salt then taste. Add more horseradish and mint to your liking. Cover and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- In a large mixing bowl,toss together cooked kamut,spinach (or watercress),parsley,chives,chervil,chopped carrot greens,shallot,garlic,olive oil and salt/pepper. Spread grain-herb salad on a serving platter and top with grilled carrots. Fetch sauce from the fridge and drizzle yogurt generously over the carrots. Garnish with leftover carrot greens and herbs.
- Pairs well with braised lamb chops or grilled lamb kabobs.
- Components can be made ahead when stored separately. Extra yogurt with minced mint makes for an excellent sauce for lamb when paired together.
- Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with pearl barley,spelt,or accompanied with French (De Puy) Lentils.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||8 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Excellent source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox