Roasted Spring Carrots over Herbed KAMUT with Horseradish Yogurt Sauce
Products you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Kamut® (khorasan Wheat)
- 4 1/2 cups (1.13 L) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 20 small spring carrots, stems reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots greens, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) watercress
- 1 cup (250 mL) flat leaf fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chives, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chervil, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Horseradish Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) full fat plain yogurt
- Lemon juice, 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mint, minced
- Dash of salt
- Bring Campbell’s broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add kamut® grains. Cover,reduce heat to low,and simmer for 45-60 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Rinse the carrots and remove stems,place on a tray or bowl. Coat with olive oil and salt. Roast on the grill or under the broiler until blackened and barely soft through the centre (10-20 minutes,depending). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl,stir together yogurt and lemon juice. Grate garlic and peeled horseradish root on a microplane grater over the yogurt. Add mint and a dash of salt then taste. Add more horseradish and mint to your liking. Cover and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- In a large mixing bowl,toss together cooked kamut,spinach (or watercress),parsley,chives,chervil,chopped carrot greens,shallot,garlic,olive oil and salt/pepper. Spread grain-herb salad on a serving platter and top with grilled carrots. Fetch sauce from the fridge and drizzle yogurt generously over the carrots. Garnish with leftover carrot greens and herbs.
- Pairs well with braised lamb chops or grilled lamb kabobs.
- Components can be made ahead when stored separately. Extra yogurt with minced mint makes for an excellent sauce for lamb when paired together.
- Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with pearl barley,spelt,or accompanied with French (De Puy) Lentils.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||8 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Excellent source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox