Roasted Vegetable, Gorgonzola, Pearl Barley Salad
- Bring 4 1/2 cups of Campbell’s broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add pearl barley and bay leaf. Cover,reduce heat to low,and simmer for 40-50 minutes until soft but not mushy. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Clean the vegetables,remove nubby ends,and prepare in quarters,halves,and matchsticks as listed. Combine carrots and fennel on one baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. On a second baking sheet,combine beets and potatoes and coat with more olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Roast fennel and carrots for 20 minutes,the potatoes and carrots for 40 minutes or until each sheet of vegetables,respectively,is browning at the edges.
- In a large serving bowl,combine cooked pearl barely,shallots,olive oil,and salt and pepper. Add roasted vegetables and lightly toss. Sprinkle with parsley and gorgonzola. Toss again briefly. Serve warm.
- Notes: Pairs well with grilled chicken
- Several hearty or root vegetables stand up well in this recipe. Consider roasted brussels sprouts as an addition as summer turns to fall. For a lighter dish,omit potatoes.
- Grain Substitution: Kamut,Spelt,or Farro can all be swapped easily.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox