Salmon with Spring Vegetables
Our Salmon with Spring Vegetables recipe makes a bright and flavourful dish. With baked salmon and a variety of fresh vegetables cooked in a creamy sauce, you'll have a tasty dinner that's perfect for the weekend.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil, blanch snap peas, beets, peas, asparagus and carrots, one variety at a time, just until tender crisp. Remove them with a large sieve directly into ice water to stop them from being overcooked. Once cooled, drain and set aside, reserving broth.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and pepper; cook one minute more. Set aside.
- Melt another tbsp (15 mL) of butter and cook leeks and fennel, tossing to coat. Pour in white wine (if using) and the reserved broth; cook until the sauce has been reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, bake the salmon, skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 325˚F (170˚C) oven until fish flakes and juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Add blanched vegetables and mushrooms to the leek and fennel mixture with the remaining butter and herbs, just to heat through.
- Carefully remove skin from salmon and arrange on a plate, spooning vegetables and sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley and chives.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are