Salmon with Spring Vegetables
Our Salmon with Spring Vegetables recipe makes a bright and flavourful dish. With baked salmon and a variety of fresh vegetables cooked in a creamy sauce, you'll have a tasty dinner that's perfect for the weekend.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil, blanch snap peas, beets, peas, asparagus and carrots, one variety at a time, just until tender crisp. Remove them with a large sieve directly into ice water to stop them from being overcooked. Once cooled, drain and set aside, reserving broth.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and pepper; cook one minute more. Set aside.
- Melt another tbsp (15 mL) of butter and cook leeks and fennel, tossing to coat. Pour in white wine (if using) and the reserved broth; cook until the sauce has been reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, bake the salmon, skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 325˚F (170˚C) oven until fish flakes and juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Add blanched vegetables and mushrooms to the leek and fennel mixture with the remaining butter and herbs, just to heat through.
- Carefully remove skin from salmon and arrange on a plate, spooning vegetables and sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley and chives.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox