Salmon with Quick Veggie Rice
Salmon is a delicious ingredient switch up for a weeknight and pairs so well with rice and veggies in this low-sodium dish. The best part? You can prepare it all in the same skillet, from start to finish!
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Stir in soup, water, lemon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, if using. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, white parts of green onions and dill; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve salmon on rice mixture; sprinkle with green parts of green onions and a few sprigs of extra dill, if desired.
- Switch it up by changing the veggies. Frozen green beans or peas work just as well as the broccoli. You can also try replacing half with frozen shelled edamame beans.
- You can replace the salmon with 4 (1 lb/454g) boneless skinless chicken breasts; increase the cooking time in the first step to 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the rice mixture with extra salt to taste, if you like.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are