Salmon with Quick Veggie Rice
Salmon is a delicious ingredient switch up for a weeknight and pairs so well with rice and veggies in this low-sodium dish. The best part? You can prepare it all in the same skillet, from start to finish!
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Stir in soup, water, lemon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, if using. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, white parts of green onions and dill; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve salmon on rice mixture; sprinkle with green parts of green onions and a few sprigs of extra dill, if desired.
- Switch it up by changing the veggies. Frozen green beans or peas work just as well as the broccoli. You can also try replacing half with frozen shelled edamame beans.
- You can replace the salmon with 4 (1 lb/454g) boneless skinless chicken breasts; increase the cooking time in the first step to 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the rice mixture with extra salt to taste, if you like.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox