Saucy Steak Sandwiches
Creamy caramelized onions and broth combine to make a rich sauce for these simple savoury sandwiches.
- Sear steak in a skillet or grill pan to medium rare, about 3 min per side. Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Cook onions with salt and pepper until golden brown, stir in broth and mustard and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain and stir into hot onion mixture.
- Arrange rolls cut side up on a baking sheet. Divide steak mixture over the bottom half of the rolls. Top with Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler for 1 minute or just until cheese is melted and bubbling
- Top with arugula and cover with bun tops to make sandwiches
If you like heat, stir some horseradish into the sauce for an extra kick.
Did you make this?
Kind of soupy
Very savoury sandwich and pretty easy to make. The amount of broth and dijon together was kind of soupy. Would go less than 2 cups each. Other than that it was delicious!
Kendra E. | November 12, 2018
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are