Seared Roast Beef with Pan Gravy
Products you'll need:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 lb (908 g) eye of round beef roast
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 each large onion, chopped
- 1 each large carrot, chopped
- 1 each celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
- 1 each bay leaf
- In small bowl, mix together thyme, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard and olive oil to make a paste.
- In large oven-proof skillet, sear beef roast in a dry pan over high heat until golden all over. Let cool slightly and cover evenly all over with herb mixture. Transfer back to skillet.
- Bake in a 325°F (180°C) oven for 40 min. Remove from heat and transfer roast to a cutting board tented with foil for at least 20 minutes while you make the sauce.In same skillet, heat butter over medium high heat with any pan juices, cook onion, carrots and celery until softened and starting to colour, about 5 minutes.
- Shake flour all over vegetables and cook one minute. Whisk in broth, and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Add bay leaves and let sauce reduce and thicken slightly, about 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Slice roast and serve with warm pan gravy.
For a more refined gravy, pass it through a sieve to remove the vegetables.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox