Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with Braised Vegetables
- Combine crushed fennel seeds with ½ tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper,rub all over roast
- In a large sauté pan,heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of oil over medium-high heat; brown beef all over,turning with tongs,about 10 minutes. Transfer pot roast to slow-cooker; set aside
- Reduce stove-top heat to medium and add remaining oil to pan,if necessary; cook onions,carrots and remaining salt and pepper,stirring for 4 minutes or until just golden
- Sprinkle with flour; cook,stirring for 1 minute
- Add beef broth and bay leaves to pan. Bring to a boil,stirring and scraping up crispy brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Transfer vegetables,broth and bay leaves to slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until fork tender
- Remove bay leaves and skim fat from sauce if necessary. Carve roast across the grain and serve with sauce and braised vegetables.
If you don’t own a slow-cooker,cook the pot roast and vegetables in a heavy dutch oven pot at 325 °F (160 °C) in the oven for about 3 hours or until fork tender.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox