Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Combine vegetables in 4½ qt (4.3 L) slow cooker. Add bay leaves.
- Place stewing beef, flour and pepper into a sealable plastic bag and toss to coat beef.
- Brown beef well on all sides in heated oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Place beef on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic to skillet and combine well with pan drippings. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH setting for 4 hours* or until the beef reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and is fork-tender. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Resist the temptation to take the slow cooker lid off to check the stew. Heat and steam will escape, interrupting the way that the meat and vegetables cook and lengthening the time until the stew is ready.
- * Or on LOW setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- While this great recipe can be made year round, it's a great cold weather recipe!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox