Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
- Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
- 30% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use variety
- Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
- 3 cups (750 mL) 1" (2.5 cm) potato cubes or mini potatoes, halved
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced celery
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g) 1" (2.5 cm) beef for stew, cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1/2 tbsp (8 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine vegetables in 4½ qt (4.3 L) slow cooker. Add bay leaves.
- Place stewing beef, flour and pepper into a sealable plastic bag and toss to coat beef.
- Brown beef well on all sides in heated oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Place beef on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic to skillet and combine well with pan drippings. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH setting for 4 hours* or until the beef reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and is fork-tender. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Resist the temptation to take the slow cooker lid off to check the stew. Heat and steam will escape, interrupting the way that the meat and vegetables cook and lengthening the time until the stew is ready.
- * Or on LOW setting for 7 to 8 hours.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox