Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo
Our Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo recipe brings southern flavour to life for weekend dinner. With chicken, sausage and vegetables slow-cooked to perfection, you'll have a bold and satisfying dish!
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken pieces until golden brown all over. Transfer cooked chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add sausage,onion and celery to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste and flour and cook for 3-4 for minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add Italian seasoning,wine,diced tomatoes,and broth to slow cooker,stir,cover and cook on high for 4 – 5 hours.
- Add peppers and parsley to slow cooker 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve in soup bowls over cooked rice.
Did you make this?
Tasty but high yield
This was tasty but I should have halved the recipe. Made too much for small family.
Jacqueline T. | November 4, 2018
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are