Slow Cooker Corn Chowder with Chicken and Chorizo Sausage
- In slow cooker,combine chicken broth,sugar,canned corn,potato,chilies,thawed corn,chicken and sausage.
- Mix flour with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water; set aside. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through,increasing heat to High and stirring in flour mixture for final 30 minutes of cooking time to thicken soup. Stir in cream and cilantro and serve.
- If desired,cook on High for 4 or 5 hours instead.
- To enhance the flavour of the chowder,roast the chilies and thawed frozen corn before adding to the slow cooker: In roasting pan,toss chilies and thawed corn with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil; arrange in single layer. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes.
- For reduced sodium,try with Campbell’s 30% Less Sodium Chicken Broth.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox