Smoky Chicken Pot Pie
A new twist on a traditional recipe, a smoky shredded chicken pot pie. This classic comfort food is sure to please the family with its creamy, herb flavoured filling.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large 4 qt. Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onions and celery for 4 minutes, add dried thyme, cook 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes and whole chicken breasts to pot, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot to a large mixing bowl, allow to cool slightly. Strain vegetables from pot, and transfer to your 9” oven proof pie plate. Bring remaining liquid back to boil. Scoop out about ½ cup of the liquid into a measuring cup, whisk in the flour until smooth. Slowly add back to the pot, whisking constantly until liquid thickens about 2 minutes.Turn off heat and cover.
- Using two forks, press and pull the chicken breasts apart, shredding into pieces, add to pie plate along with the frozen vegetables, gently stir, pour sauce on top. Top with puff pastry, trim edges as needed, cut a few slits in the top of the pastry. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe is very versatile, you can change up the frozen vegetables for any of your favourites, try a chicken and asparagus pie, adding them in right before baking.
- You can also use a pie crust or filo pastry instead of puff pastry for a healthier option.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox