Smoky Corn Chowder
Products you'll need:
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced fat (2%) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour mixed with
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven cook bacon over medium-high heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. In the same pot combine onion, celery and bell pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the jalapeno and chipotle peppers and cook for an additional minute. Add corn, potatoes, Campbells 30% Less Sodium Chicken Broth and milk or cream and bacon. Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add flour mixture, stirring constantly, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh chives or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Can substitute 2% milk with cream.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox