Smoky Maple Chicken & Rice
Products you'll need:
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 pound)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
- 1 3/4 cups (435 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) long grain white rice or brown rice (8 - 10 minute quick-cooking variety)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the carrots and garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soup, water, maple syrup and mustard; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Return the chicken to the pan. Cook, covered for 3 minutes until the rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- You can replace the carrots with sliced peppers or your favourite veggie. You can also omit them and use 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables or frozen cut broccoli in place of the corn.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox