Southwest Chicken Penne
Products you'll need:
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 1/2 tsp (13 mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) penne pasta
- 3 cups (750 mL) frozen French style green beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 3 green onion, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium to high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add soup, chili powder, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; bring to simmer, stirring often, for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in unsalted water, according to package directions, adding green beans and corn to pot in last minute of cooking. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking liquid. Return pasta mixture to pan. Add soup mixture. Stir in enough of the cooking liquid for sauce to evenly coat pasta. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Using a no-salt added soup can help you control the sodium in your recipe. Season the sauce with a pinch of salt and top with a little grated Parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Leftovers are delicious reheated, or served cold like a pasta salad!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox