Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Bake
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until flesh is tender, about 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes. Using fork, separate flesh into strands to make 5 cups squash.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain fat. Add onions, stirring occasionally, until softened and sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, all but a pinch of the rosemary and the pepper (optional). Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soup and vinegar to pan. Bring to simmer, stirring often. Mix in squash.
- Transfer to 2 qt (1.9 L) casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
- To cook a spaghetti squash quickly, place cut side down in casserole dish along with ½ cup (125 mL) water. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Let cool 15 minutes before separating strands. Depending on the size of your microwave, you may have to cook one half at a time.
- To make ahead, prepare first two steps of recipe as directed. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. Transfer to casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes; uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking as directed.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
This Product Can Be Substituted With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato Soup
Did you make this?
I loved the flavor of this. It was so good. I used Cracker Barrel herb and garlic cheese on top. The italian sausage flavor really made this recipe special. I love spaghetti squash and this recipe really made eating it more enjoyable.
Coralie P. | December 9, 2018
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
I cooked down a bag of spinach with the sausage. Easy to prepare and tasted great.
Angie S. | January 25, 2019
Delicious, and easy. My husband loved it.
Meagan B. | April 23, 2018
It was even better the more you ate.
Sandra A. | November 4, 2017
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are