Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Bake
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Packed with the bold tomato flavour you love without any artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned with basil and just a hint of oregano
•Full serving of vegetables VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 lbs/1.36 kg), halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 8 oz (226 g) mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or ¾ tsp (4 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground pepper (optional)
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Asiago or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until flesh is tender, about 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes. Using fork, separate flesh into strands to make 5 cups squash.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain fat. Add onions, stirring occasionally, until softened and sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, all but a pinch of the rosemary and the pepper (optional). Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soup and vinegar to pan. Bring to simmer, stirring often. Mix in squash.
- Transfer to 2 qt (1.9 L) casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
- To cook a spaghetti squash quickly, place cut side down in casserole dish along with ½ cup (125 mL) water. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Let cool 15 minutes before separating strands. Depending on the size of your microwave, you may have to cook one half at a time.
- To make ahead, prepare first two steps of recipe as directed. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. Transfer to casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes; uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking as directed.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox